_

_

Saturday 7 September 2013

One week to go.

So it's one week to go until my next event, and a race i am extremely excited about. The glen clova extreme duathlon (see last blog post).

Training has been going almost perfectly, i have been getting fast shorted rides in on the bike and working on my positioning on the tri bars as to increase speed. I have also done some longer rides with a few climbs to build up more strength in my legs. I have been doing gradually longer runs and including ones with big hills and running up the glens, as well as fast shorter runs. I feel i am hitting the speeds i know i am capable of and i am happy with my level of fitness.

I have cycled the race route twice now and feel comfortable where i can push hard on the bike and other spots where i need to hold off the speed. I feel it is important to know exactly where i can hit high speeds as the road is quite narrow and has many twists. I have also today ran the mountain route including the two Munroe's with my Father. I don't want too give away too much about my training but the run was strong and i found the places where i can push my pace and where it will be tough. The route seems good and i have taken some compass bearings in case the weather closes in. The descent from the mountain is a little tricky with some big rocks and wet underfoot but i feel confident going at a faster speed.

I now know the exact distance of the run and it should be a tough but good route on the day. From now until next week i will train hard make sure i have all the correct gear and keep working on the hills. I will also be watching the weather very closely!

I have a race plan structured out and i know where i can push myself hard on the day. I just hope that it will go to plan and its a strong race for me.

I will report back after next Saturday.

Some recent training photos.
1. Hitting the speeds on the bike.
2. Trail running up Loch brandy
3/4 Mountain running with my Father






No comments:

Post a Comment