_

_

Thursday 20 June 2013

Next Steps.

I have now done four events so far this season, two in England and two at home in Scotland. I feel these events have gone really well so far, starting the season on the podium was a big step in the right direction and i feel my finishing times have been exactly what i expected and better considering i have only trained since Christmas.

I feel the step into Triathlon so far is working for me and i am enjoying the training, pushing myself to the limit and the adventure that the sport of triathlon has. I have learned a lot about pacing myself whilst running, getting quicker on the bike and finding rhythm in chaotic open water swimming. I feel i understand where i can push myself more and i have found area i need to improve and where i can start reducing my times.

Next for me is a Summer of travelling, one month in South Korea and one month across France. Unfortunately in Korea i will not have my bike however my goggles
and running shoes are packed so whenever the chance is there i will do any training i can. In France i will be heading out with all my kit and my bike and i hope to challenge myself on some big alpine rides so that will be very beneficial training. I am really excited to do a bit of training in different countries however i will miss competing over the next couple of months.

I hope to be back in action late August in Scotland and then compete again in the Cornish triathlon series and gain some more points once i head down south.

Over the Summer i hope to keep my body weight where it is, my legs strong and not to loose too much fitness. However i have been training really hard since Christmas and not had a drink since April so i may loosen off a little! I have learned a lot so far this season and every race and training day i have been pleased with and have felt myself truly improving. I'm noticing my strengths and my weaknesses and i hope to develop these over Summer and later in the season.

Thank you anyone who has supported me be it a massage, advice, training partner or watching a race. It really means a lot to me.

I will report back sometime during my travels and hope to remain fit and strong


No comments:

Post a Comment