_

_

Thursday 1 August 2013

Mid Summer.

I have now been away from home for a month and a half and decided I should update my blog with what has been happening. 

After my last events in Scotland I took to the road and have been travelling since. I had a fantastic month In Korea, island hopping hiking swimming and much more. Then I flew straight onto France stopping off in London with just enough time for a 50km cycle with my good friend Corbin. 

Now I am in my second of 3 weeks in France. This past week I have been travelling the south coast with my good friend Will and visited Cannes, Nice etc. but now I am based at my Uncles house just outside Monaco. 

For the next two weeks I plan to train hard and relax. I will hire a road bike and do some big rides. Swim in the Mediterranean and run the trails over the surrounding mountains. Having the most beautiful sea so close by is very beneficial all the swimming I have done this summer has been open water and distance and when coming up to breath looking across the alps or the riviera it doesn't get much better. 

I have already had one day on the road bike and cycled some big climbs. Cycling in France is unbelievable. The road quality and respect I have received from drivers is unheard of in the UK! I plan to do plenty of climbing to build up my legs but also long flat rides along the coast to improve pacing. 

Where I am staying there is plenty of trails and hills to be run so again I plan to push myself with long runs that have big climbs. 

I will write myself a training plan and I am really excited to be getting into a routine. An average day will involve cycling down to Monaco, a long paced sea swim. Returning up the mountains and then a run in the evening.

Many professional cyclists and triathletes including Froome live and train around this area of the world. To be training on the same roads is a very exciting prospect. 

After the couple of rides I have done in between travelling I have felt strong and still have my fitness. Hopefully France will push me and I will return home much stronger. 

I will look for events to enter once I am home and already have some exciting big plans for the future. 

Thank you for reading I'm off for my first run in 30 degrees South France. 


Photos. 
1. Monaco 
2. A quick picture while riding in London. 

No comments:

Post a Comment