_

_

Monday 14 October 2013

Moving Forward.

So that's the end of my first Triathlon season. One where i was planning on just doing a bit of learning and competing but turned into, training hard, racing hard and realizing i could do pretty well with the sport. I have loved this first season, i have spent time training in France and done a whole mixture of races all with a good amount of success. I have had incredible support from family and friends and really felt people were behind me which is what i need.

However i now need to step it up. To be where i want to be i needed something big. And thats why i have now teamed up with a coach. Graeme Stewart is the 2013 Celtman winner, he also holds the Scottish Iron man record and has a very impressive race CV. Graeme as well as being a fantastic athlete and in my eyes the best long distance triathlete in Scotland, is also a coach. After meeting him in Dundee before i left for university after Summer i decided he is what i needed ; focused training, scientific measurements and the ability i believe to take me to the next level. I believe having Graeme as my coach i will see big improvements in my abilities specifically swimming and speed in all 3 disciplines. No longer will i just be going out and riding and running but now everything will be focused, planned and set up for me to do.

I have decided not to take time off between this season and winter training so as of tomorrow i begin my coaching programme with Graeme. It wont be an easy winter and i won't be backing off and having a break. I have big goals which i have discussed with Graeme and he believes these will be achievable. However none of this will happen without me putting in the hours of training and hard work.

Hopefully next Season will be something really special for me, i'm looking forward to working closely with such a great coach and athlete and having someone to keep me in gear (pardon the pun).

I want to thank everyone for this season, my parents have been amazing and supportive something i think is very important and also my friends who have sent me good luck messages or come to races. I really do appreciate the support.

Im going to keep working hard and come out of winter injury free, strong fit and ready for 2014. I will report here during my winter training.

No comments:

Post a Comment