_

_

Friday 17 May 2013

Beginning.

My name is Andrew Woodroffe.
19 Years old
Second Year of Surf Science and Technology at Plymouth University
My Home is Forfar Scotland.

This year i have finally found the sport i am going to completely pursue, train hard for and compete. Triathlon. My previous sporting background includes rugby and rowing but i believe triathlon is now where i could find competitive results and i find my fitness and body shape is suited for the sport.

Since the beginning of my second year at university i was on my road bike more than i ever had been, and i had begun swimming again and running much more than i used too. This led me to a decision to begin after winter to fully engage in triathlon training and this Summer compete competitively for the first time. Since the beginning of this year i have been carrying out a 6 day week training plan devised by triathlon coach Paul Penrose. It involves various swim sets, long hard sessions on the bike and fartlek running amongst many other training concepts.

My aims for this year are purely to find my ideal distance. Compete in a few different triathlons and find my distance i am most competitive in, from sprint to Olympic or even half iron man. I will be competing in events in the South west in May of this year, in June i will compete at home in Scotland and after the summer months i will again compete in the south west in September and October.

In this blog i plan to report on my progress, training, events and anything else fitness or triathlon related.

Thanks for reading.






No comments:

Post a Comment